The Griffin Arts Festival comprises of:
- An annual arts and music competition open to all students.
- The inaugural Drama Monologue competition, new for 2021.
- A week of artistic challenges in the genres of Art, Dance, Design, Drama, Music and Visual Art, planned and delivered in all GST schools.
- A second week of arts activities across every GST school, working in regional Hubs to deliver an innovative and exciting programme for every single GST child, their family and the wider community.
- Training and support for GST colleagues to develop their own creative skills to better deliver a creative curriculum to our children and young people.
- Opportunities for schools to work with different, local, high quality artists who act as inspiration to and role models for GST members.
- A legacy of high quality arts education offered year round, with free activities and opportunities for all.
“I will not be "famous," "great." I will go on adventuring, changing, opening my mind and my eyes, refusing to be stamped and stereotyped. The thing is to free one's self: to let it find its dimensions, not be impeded.”Virgina Wolf
“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”Edgar Degas
"Why hurry over beautiful things? Why not linger and enjoy them?"Clara Schumann
“One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time”Andrea Gide