The Griffin Arts Festival comprises of:
- An annual arts competition for year 5s, with 10 winners from each school participating in the London Experience, visiting landmarks like the Globe, the Tate Modern and the Royal Opera House, as well as taking part in exciting activities like film making and going to the theatre.
- A week of art activities across every GST school, with the normal timetable suspended and an innovative and exciting programme planned and delivered for every single GST child and young person.
- Support and training for GST colleagues to develop their own creative skills to better help our children and young people in an ongoing way.
- A legacy made to help embed these skills and interests in every single activity related to the Griffin Arts Festival and make sure they are free to all of our children and young people.
- Opportunities for schools to work with unusual, local, high quality artists who act as inspiration to and role models for GST members.
“I will not be "famous," "great." I will go on adventuring, changing, opening my mind and my eyes, refusing to be stamped and stereotyped. The thing is to free one's self: to let it find its dimensions, not be impeded.”Virgina Wolf
“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”Edgar Degas
"Why hurry over beautiful things? Why not linger and enjoy them?"Clara Schumann
“One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time”Andrea Gide